Frontend Engineer– Metro Vancouver
U-bicycle North America, established in August of 2017 in Vancouver, British Columbia, is one of the world’s leading dock-less bicycle sharing platform that aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering global citizens with a greener, more efficient, and affordable mode of transportation. Our bicycles provide the public with a cost effective, efficient, and easy to use service for one to travel any distances long or short.
Our bicycle sharing service aspires to revolutionize our society’s current urban mobility concerns, and integrate cycling as the go-to method for short travels. We believe that cycling is an amazing way to alleviate the rising global concerns of congestion, pollution, high transportation costs and healthy lifestyle choices. Through bicycle sharing programs, we observed that it provides a flexible transportation method, reduces vehicle emissions, congestion, fuel consumption, and financial savings and provides riders with health benefits.
We are a growing company that values autonomy, performance, and potential and we are currently looking for another member to join the technical team in this rewarding experience. The Frontend Engineer – Metro Vancouver is an important role in technology development of U-bicycle. Previous software programming experience needed.
For questions or to apply for this role, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
The Frontend Engineer is Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer and will be responsible for:
- Webpage development within iOS/Android native apps (with rich interaction between Native & JS) and standalone web clients.
- Develop and maintain the admin system used by ops staff to do resource management, customer support, IOT device management, regional management, etc.
- Having experiences with massive LBS web projects using ReactJS.
- Be familiar with prototype chain and how it is applied in various JS language features.
- Master the usage of at least one or two of the commonly-used frontend frameworks, such as VUE, Bootstrap, Jquery, etc
- Grasp the primary features & techs drafted in the HTML5 standard set.
- Preferable if having experiences with projects involving rich interaction between native code and JS.
- Richmond and/or Metro Vancouver
- Full-time position.
- Software Engineer
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years+ of web programming experience.
How to apply:
Please send applications (cover letter & resume), with job title in subject line, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised that selection for this role may include background checks (credentials/education, credit, identity check) and references.
Thank you for your application in advance – due to volume only those selected for interviews will be contacted.