Software Development Manager(Canada Localization)– Metro Vancouver
U-bicycle North America, established in August of 2017 in Vancouver, British Columbia, is one of the world’s leading dock-less bicycle sharing platform that aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering global citizens with a greener, more efficient, and affordable mode of transportation. Our bicycles provide the public with a cost effective, efficient, and easy to use service for one to travel any distances long or short.
Our bicycle sharing service aspires to revolutionize our society’s current urban mobility concerns, and integrate cycling as the go-to method for short travels. We believe that cycling is an amazing way to alleviate the rising global concerns of congestion, pollution, high transportation costs and healthy lifestyle choices. Through bicycle sharing programs, we observed that it provides a flexible transportation method, reduces vehicle emissions, congestion, fuel consumption, and financial savings and provides riders with health benefits.
We are a growing company that values autonomy, performance, and potential and we are currently looking for another member to join the technical team in this rewarding experience. The Software Development Manager– Metro Vancouver is an important role in technology development of U-bicycle. Previous software programming experience needed.
For questions or to apply for this role, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the software localization development of U-bicycle mobile application and back end management system.
Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems development and operations
Meet with business department to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
Assemble teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer U-bicycle application software system
Control the budget and expenditures of the project
Recruit and supervise engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training.
Richmond and/or Metro Vancouver
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in an engineering/technical position
· Desired B.S./B.A. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience
· Understanding of Agile software development
· Passion for customers and focus on delivering the right customer experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to learn new technologies in a fast-paced environment
· Deep understanding of software development across Windows and Linux, with demonstrated hands-on experience on one or more of the following domains:
· Database administration experience
· Browser based software development
· Valid experience in positions of user demand analysis, software design, programming, and test
How to apply:
Please send applications (cover letter & resume), with job title in subject line, to: email@example.com.
Please be advised that selection for this role may include background checks (credentials/education, credit, identity check) and references.
Thank you for your application in advance – due to volume only those selected for interviews will be contacted.